News & Events
Wednesday 17th August 2016
Tuesday 16th August 2016
Physics and Astronomy Student Satisfaction at 96% for the second year in a row.
Wednesday 11th August 2016
Wednesday 27th July 2016
A researcher from the School of Physics and Astronomy at Cardiff University is at the centre of a project shedding new light on the Antikythera Mechanism, a 2000 year old artefact which is believed to be the world’s oldest computer.
12th July 2016
Potential applicants must let us know that they would like to apply to hold an Ernest Rutherford Fellowship in Cardiff and send a draft proposal by Wednesday 10th August 2016 …
Talks and Public Lectures
The School has a number of active Colloquia and Research Seminar series. For a full schedule see the Colloquia and Research Seminars page.
Seminars scheduled for the next seven days include:
- Friday 30/09/2016: Gravitational Physics 11:15, Chart Room
Prospects for the observation of Supernova neutrinos in JUNO
Michael Wurm (Mainz University)
- Wednesday 05/10/2016: Astronomy Colloquium 14:00, N/3.28
Prof. Chris Lintott (Oxford)
Conferences at Cardiff
The School has a strong reputation for hosting scientific conferences. conferences page
Future conferences include:
- UK JCMT Users meeting: Current and Future Science with the James Clerk Maxwell Telescope - 5-6 September 2016
Recent conferences include:
- SIOE: Semiconductor and Integrated OptoElectronics Conference: April 2016
- Bio-Nano-Photonics - 7-9 September 2015